Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Caribbean: Winter 2011-2012


My third 'contract' or assignment is just a few days away. On Monday morning December 12 I will join the Maasdam in Fort Lauderdale for 9 weeks in the eastern Caribbean. Can hardly believe I am on my third journey with Holland America. I have been keeping myself busy these past six weeks by preparing for my live presentations on the ship. Everyday I am on stage highlighting the next port of call with a touch of history and things to see and do while we are there. Talking in front of hundreds of people isn't what has me tremble. It's memorizing all the facts, places, names and shore excursions. Part of my job is to go on as many shore excursions as possible so I will be able to 'sell' them to the passengers. Just like in Alaska only in warmth and water instead of cold mountains with lots of rain. I loved Alaska and hope to go back this summer.This is 180 degrees different but I expect the same enthusiasm and happy attitudes as I experienced there.

So, we leave Fort Lauderdale on Monday and on Tuesday we arrive at our first port, Half Moon Cay which is a private island owned by Holland America. White sand beaches, horseback riding in the water, snorkeling, and just walking along the beach. Then off to over 8 different ports in the weeks to come.

I am expecting to take lots of pictures and writing this blog on a regular basis. I enjoy sharing my adventures with you. I wish I had spent more time in the gym so that I would look better in a bathing suit.

I will be shutting off my cell phone as it will not work in the Caribbean. So let me wish you very happy holidays and new year. I will be celebrating the holidays in a very magical way. A dream come true.

I miss you and think of you all the time.
blog comments powered by Disqus