Sunday, May 22, 2011

From West Palm to Anchorage


Three flights in total to get from West Palm to Anchorage today. 15 hours on a plane. With an Ipod and Ipad it was still difficult not to be stir crazy. But this is what I had imagined when I dreamed of working fro a cruise line. Instead of seeing the skyline of a city when I got to the airport in Anchorage, I was surrounded by huge, beautiful mountains covered in snow. The hotel I checked into has a locker for your 'kill', so I could check in any moose or yak that I had managed to capture during the day. I felt like going to sleep in there myself.

Today, there is a 2 hour ride to the ms Zaandam where I will check in as a new crew member and get acclimated to my new home and a 7 day cruise back to Vancouver. I am breathless, nervous, excited and happy.

More to come.
blog comments powered by Disqus