Thursday, June 2, 2011

Juneau AK June 1, 2011



On the dock at 8am for greeting guests and coffee in a little shop in downtown Juneau. At 9.30 I was whisked away on a tour bus to Mendenhall Glacier on a gorgeous sunny warm day to witness some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen. Large blue glaciers miles high and thunderous waterfalls just a few feet away. Of course I didn’t know where I was going to get back to the bus. I asked some people where I was supposed to be walking… they asked me what I do for Holland America. When I told them I was a Travel Guide, we all laughed at the fact that I didn’t have a clue as to where I was going. I have no sense of direction.
After Mendenhall Glacier I had an authentic Wild Alaskan Salmon cookout in the wilderness with chowder, Caesar salad and a scrumptious fillet of Alaskan Salmon. For dessert, I roasted marshmallows over a campfire in the woods.
Nap time.
From 8-9pm I had a live presentation on stage. It went well, but I don’t have many anecdotes to tell… but I am enjoying the talks and feeling more comfortable.
I talked with Aunt Ida, my best friend Mark and Lee on the phone so that made me feel better and not so lonely.
Thursday I only have pier duty from 7-9am so I will have a chance for a long shore excursion. Maybe a whale watch or kayak ride through a glacier or helicopter ride over the mountains.

Another day in Paradise.
blog comments powered by Disqus